Tuesday, March 10, 2009

excited







Oh, I feel so behind, so much has happened! First things, first, this Saturday I got my new washer and dryer from Sears! This is a long story but we got a front loading washer and dryer set for only 600.00 but the catch we had to wait until march 5th to get it and we bought it the day after Thanksgiving. Well March 5Th came around and we got a phone call saying there were more shipping delays and they wouldn't be in until April 16th! We couldn't wait that long since our old set was about to kick the bucket any day so I was not a happy person. I will tell you the persistence pays off especially when dealing with a large corporation. I went to the Sears store three times and called them everyday for a week and got nothing but the run around, but in speaking with soooooo many managers there I was immediately notified when another customer returned a washer and dryer set and went down and picked them up the next day. The washer was still in the box and we ended up switching the dryer (a gas hook up, we don't have) with the floor model at the store (an electric hook up which we can use). I am very happy to say I can now dry clothes faster than I can cook dinner and it is wonderful! Lol! I also finally got Travis to agree to put in some partial shelves up stairs in the dead space next to the washer and dryer where the pantry will be when we get the hook ups down stairs for the washer and dyer, so we will have full shelves there eventually but convincing him that I needed any shelves right now for storage took about a month! I was so happy all of that happened Saturday for me so I was already happy as a bug in a rug but then my hubby surprised my with tickets to Mystic Theater here in Chubbuck; we had wonderful prime rib and saw a collection of Broadway musicals (a song or two from each musical.) And I took my hubby's advise and wore a dress he loves and got tons of compliments about it, I knew he had good taste when he married me! Lol! I had a wonderful weekend and it was all worth the early mornings and frustration with this temporary schedule to hang out with my family the whole weekend. Later, Amy

1 comment:

Micah and Jen said...

So I saw on the news about the washer and dryers and how people are getting really upset about it...you are very lucky to have yours! And Mystic theater? Oh I am so jealous!!! I love going there! Sounds like a great weekend and yay for new shelves too! Don't you just love being able to wash clothes without the worry that they will come out black or ruined? Have fun doing your laundry! :)

Followers