Friday, March 6, 2009

Doing well







Hi everyone! Well good news is Travis doesnt need surgery but bad news is we still dont know what is wrong. I am really enjoying the new work I am doing for the next couple weeks but it does leave Travis in charge of the kids in the morning and can be very entertaining for me to hear them getting ready for the day. Last Saturday I worked 8 hours and Travis took the boys to McKee's pet store, they love going there since the store has a "petting zoo" you can walk thru. I don't know why they call it a petting zoo since all the animals are comfy, cozy behind fences but the kids love it. Apparently they have a goose that was pecking at the fence if you go to close to it and Eric kept jumping out of the way of the goose. Well Travis thought he would be funny and offered to pay Eric a dollar to let the goose bite him! I know it is a Dad thing, lol! I almost died when Travis told me but what came next made me laugh so hard I almost wet myself. Eric, being my very smart and brilliant son, took a pair of gloves out of his coat pocket and said ok! Lol! Isn't that so funny; who carries gloves around and then actually thinks to use them so it won't hurt so bad to let the goose bite him! I am still laughing over this one people and just wanted to state how brilliant my little Eric is. Eric also got his hair cut today into a flat top which he loves. Next, I was at work one day this morning and heard Trevor jumping on our bed and Travis singing the "monkeys jumping on the bed" song, then I hear a big crash and Travis saying I told you the monkey fell off the bed! Lol! Travis then tells Trevor we won't call the doctor because he costs to much; the difference between mom's and dad's is amazing isn't it? Last one I wanted in here was yesterday Trevor had daycare and before he left big brother Eric was helping him put on his shoes. In a very funny but cute way; Trevor was lying down on the couch with both feet in the air and Eric was trying very hard to stuff his foot into his little shoe. It has been a whole new insight into my family life with Dad in charge. I am very grateful for this wonderful man who is always willing to step in and help out when my job asks me for the hundredth time to change my schedule. Later, Amy

2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

What a great guy you have there....and hilarious stories! Yeah, only dad's let kids actually JUMP on the beds! :)

Liza said...

Love the stories Amy! It sounds like Travis is a great dad & the boys love being with him!

Followers