Saturday, November 29, 2008

thanksgiving

Hi everyone! Just a quick note today, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving even though I worked until 2. We went to DeAnn and Bill's house, Travis' step-sis and had some good food and a wonderful time visiting with his whole family. Travis made a fruit salad to take so I didn't cook a single thing on the big day. It was kind of nice! Lol! I did the crazy thing and got up at 4 am to go to Sears on Friday. They had a front loading washer and dryer set for 599.00 and since my washer is leaving marks on my clothes and it takes two cycles for my clothes to dry I thought it worth the pain (a lot of PAIN!) to get up and go even though I also had to be to work by 9am. My sister Sandi went with me and the set is on back order but hopefully will be in soon since I already had to pay for them. I had to wait in line for 45 minutes, but we saved over 600.00. I thought it best to leave Travis at home in bed so we wouldn't have to drag the kids out (my mom was working!) I did manage to make it to Kmart for a few small things but as you can imagine not a lot of money left in the budget. I did get to go to breakfast with Sandi before going to work. I worked until 2 and then headed to the shop to help put the finishing touches on the float for the Parade of Lights and then headed home to get Trevor a nap before going to the float to hand out candy. Sandi and her two youngest came and helped hand out flyers for the T.OW.E.D program with the candy and Eric and I walked behind the tow truck as well. We had a good time and it didn't even snow or rain on us this year. I have pics of the float and will post them later today hopefully but I'm not sure. Later, Amy

1 comment:

Liza said...

Sounds like you guys had a great holiday Amy! Good for you! I'm not big on the after Thankgsgiving sale, but it sounds like you got an awesome deal!

Followers