Monday, April 27, 2009

a handle on time




Ok so in our new house we have lots more room than our old so Travis and I have been wanting an over sized clock to fill the space on one wall. Apparently over sized clocks are also over priced; we looked and they run $75 and up. Well we are on a budget and even if we weren't I am not that person to spend large amounts of money on an accessory not a necessity, so I made a large clock for our house. My mom and I went to the craft store for some inspiration and actually found that they had a kit for $50; well, I am not that girl either. We bought the items on our own and found some great ways to cut money down and thanks to a friend introducing me to Mod Podge this year made our own clock for only $23. I am very proud of this thing and though it is not the most ornate clock it looks really great on our wall. This is one of the projects that I have taken time out of the yard work to complete. Later, Amy

3 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

WOW! I am super impressed.....now if I only had some more wall space???

Liza said...

Amy, the clock looks terrific! You did an awesome job with it!

Micah and Jen said...

Thanks so much for the gift for Gabe! You are so thoughtful!!!! It's so adorable!

Followers