Saturday, December 5, 2009

City of Rocks











Okay so I have lived in Idaho my whole life and never been to the City of Rocks until my Mom and Husband decided we needed to take a day trip on 11/7/09 and go there. We had a ton of fun hiking and climbing up on some rocks and even just driving around and finding funny shapes or faces in all the rocks. We also hit Lake Cleveland, which if you have never been is an expeirance for sure! It is so high up that in early November there was snow on the ground and the lake was frozen over. We almost froze and the road is long, windy and curvy; not great for someone who gets motion sickness! Lol! It is like driving on the top of the world to get there; it was a truly scary (I am not afraid of heights but I did not like to look down and see miles of mountain staring back up at me) and amazing ride up to Lake Cleveland and I will never forget it. I guess if you go in June or July when it is really hot here in the valley the weather is just right at Lake Cleveland at about 75 to 85 degrees. Later, Amy

1 comment:

Micah and Jen said...

that's awesome! I haven't ever been there either. Micah really wants to go and climb there someday. But I need to get back into shape before I can rock climb again! Tried it this last summer....humiliating! Maybe I can just "hike" around while he does the real climbing???

Followers