Tuesday, August 11, 2009

all is well

Ok, I am still alive! Lol! I am super busy, we had the family reunion on the Brownlee side and then Larry, Travis' step-dad had surgery on Tuesday and was taken by life flight to Salt Lake City (that was a week ago) So as you can imagine we have not been home much and still are trying to work. We drove to Salt Lake City last Tuesday and waited hours for him to get out of surgery, he made it thru some how. We all had to work the next day so we drove home very late Wednesday morning. He went back into surgery Friday and surprised even the doctors with his fighting strength and they said he was holding his own. Juanita's sisters were able to stay with her from Tuesday thru yesterday. We went back down and stayed Saturday and Sunday in Salt Lake with the kids and took them to Hogle Zoo since a hospital is a hard place to hang out in for two little ones. We drove back Sunday night and I worked half a day yesterday but I couldnt stand Juanita being up there alone on Monday when he had another surgery so my Mom drove me back down yesterday afternoon and I stayed the night there with Juanita. Larry did well in the surgery yesterday, they closed the muscle to his stomach back up but not the skin yet as they are worried about infection. He is still on a ventalator tube and Juanita came home with me today to take care of some bills and paper work at her job then she will go back to Salt Lake City tomarrow afternoon and stay there probably until they release Larry. We hope to have him out of ICU within four or five days but he is not out of the woods so we are not sure when they will even remove the breathing tube yet. Just an update for everyone and an fyi that I will post as much as possible but probably be in SLC this weekend. Later, Amy

2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

I am such a horrible friend....I had no idea this was all going on! I am so sorry....if there is anything I can do to help let me know! I am sure my kiddos would love to have your boys come stay or something! :) HUGS!!!

Liza said...

Oh Amy, that's so scary and so stressful! My thoughts & prayers are with you guys! If you need anything, please let me know.

Followers